Wednesday 27 September 2017

My Quick write


Quick Write Number One - The Beekeeper
For the next two weeks we are going to work on ‘Quick Writes.’  This is where you are given something to write about (a writing prompt) and you only have 10mins to write as much as possible using this writing prompt.IMG_1185.JPG

For our writing prompts we will use either images or short videos.

The purpose of this is to practise writing fluently.

When we look at our writing prompt we will have about 10-15 mins to discuss it and brainstorm some ideas and vocabulary.   

Our learning goals are to:
-write a description, using powerful words and phrases
-include some Te Reo Māori no
-carefully check that our sentences make sense and have correct punctuation and spelling.yes

When we are writing we need to think about…

  1. What do I want my reader to see?
2) What do I want my reader to hear?
3) What do I want my reader to smell?
Tips:
-look closely at the picture or video
-think about the three key questions and the learning goals
-give yourself time to plan and write


Do your writing here

Bee keeper

On a cool clear spring day I approached the hive. I could hear the buzzing from the bees and the smell of the honey. It was so strong and sweet. I was silent and calm as I opened the frame. I could see bees and the sticky honey. Behind me it was so silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.